| FORUM | ARCHIVE |                    | TOTAL QUIZ RESULT |


  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Trump and the domestic arena
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Welcome stranger, click here to read about some of the great benefits of registering for a free account with us and joining us in our global online community.


Trump and the domestic arena

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
franciscosan View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph


Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: Littleton CO
Status: Offline
Points: 2509
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciscosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 23:29
Okay, that is double think, what is the relevance of bringing up doublethink in this context?  I would think that President Trump is too shallow for double think, he wears his id on his sleeve.  So apparently you are talking about someone else, everyone else?

When I say that President Trump is shallow, I do not mean that as an insult, but an observation.  Donald Trump in the past has extolled the virtues of shallowness.  Most of what the public sees is the obnoxious side of Trump, but I also understand that he can be quite charming in person.  Still shallow, but quite charming.
I agree with McConnell that we could have less drama coming out of the Whitehouse.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
franciscosan View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph


Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: Littleton CO
Status: Offline
Points: 2509
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciscosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 04:11
It was interesting with President Trump a few days ago, after the Alexandria shooting, being the voice of unity.  I guess his speech writer wrote out the script and Trump made sure he stuck to it.  It is nice that he can stick to a script if he sees it as necessary.  Trump is learning some, I don't know if it is enough or fast enough.

I almost call Trump the voice of reason for a moment, almost. <grin>

It is interesting that the shooter was a Saunders supporter, it is not only the right that is pissed off and angry these days.  People don't feel that the system is fair, they feel there is favoritism, that there is not a level playing field.


Edited by franciscosan - 17 Jun 2017 at 04:14
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 15:07
It shouldn't be a surprise that Bernie Sanders fool lost his mind like most of the left. Especially when you consider the hate being spewed by leftist organizations like the mainstream media and the dnc.

By the way, lots of people were appalled by what Obama did in office. You never saw this violence and vitriol from conservative groups meant to impede all progress. Now free speech on college campuses is a thing of the past because of cowards who can't cope with the f***up that Obama delivered to the world.  

Now it's hate speech and it's OK because it's falling from the sky like snowflakes.
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 17:14
Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

Donald Trump's motto is make America great again.
But America is already great, and under Trump it is becoming increasingly was, not is.
Trump is a disaster, and he will be the ruin of America.

Maybe you haven't noticed but the greatness dwindled during Obama's apology-fest. Are you wishing for failure? Sure sounds like it. Maybe someday academics will fix their own plumbing, fix their own cars and grow their own food. Until then it's just hate speech because academics don't provide anything of value to the quality of life. In fact academia has resulted in 40% of the population attaining useless degrees and on average a master's degree in a useless field will cost a quarter million$ with graduates working at Best Buy.

Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

PJ O'Rourke, a conservative humorist advocated Hillary because she was only a normal
distaster, Whereas Trump was and is an extraordinary disaster.

Hillary is a disaster of biblical proportions, could never create jobs, deal with the mobs inspired to murder police (encouraged by the dnc) or handle NK or Russia. Some reset. She's an unapologetic power monger.

Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

 Donald Trump is not a 
conservative, religious right, knee jerk red neck may think he is their man, after much 
denial they will eventually find out otherwise.  They are living it up right now, but they 
 will soon find out who is on the receiving end of the relationship. 
No adult over 40 thinks that Trump is religious. And and he was a democrat for most of his life. So you are labeling all of Trump's voters as rednecks? The fringe? Nonsense. Then give me rednecks. 

Why did Mr. NYC win these people over? It's because Obama failed miserably and Hillary is a see through liar who posed as an honest person. Trump always distinguishes his political agenda from provocative comments that are a response to the 97% of negative news stories by liberal bed wetters. If you can't see the distinction then you your tuition was wasted.
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 17:48
Liberals Mock Warmbier's captivity. And these are the "Good" people?


The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 18:03
Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

Okay, that is double think, what is the relevance of bringing up doublethink in this context?  I would think that President Trump is too shallow for double think, he wears his id on his sleeve.  So apparently you are talking about someone else, everyone else?

When I say that President Trump is shallow, I do not mean that as an insult, but an observation.  Donald Trump in the past has extolled the virtues of shallowness.  Most of what the public sees is the obnoxious side of Trump, but I also understand that he can be quite charming in person.  Still shallow, but quite charming.
I agree with McConnell that we could have less drama coming out of the Whitehouse.

You think because Trump doesn't indulge in grandiloquence it makes him simple minded? He spent his life learning about the world, media and making money. Maybe you are impressed with that nonsense gibberish meant to obscure the plain and simple truth but just an aside, your pal Hillary is a pretty dim bulb especially when she opens her fat mouth. Oh, right you like proper names and don't like the word fat. 

Well take your own advice fransicosan. 

I mean really, will the people of the FUTURE know what the ho's war was? Don't be such a hypocrite. 
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
toyomotor View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Tasmania, AUST.
Status: Offline
Points: 4250
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 02:34
WOW! Vanuatu's back, and with a vengence!
Once you eliminate the impossible,
whatever remains,
no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Back to Top
franciscosan View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph


Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: Littleton CO
Status: Offline
Points: 2509
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciscosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 23:04
"ho"? you mean like pimps call women?  I imagine that those who get into depth into history in the future might now what you are talking about, but I don't.  I try to use the full name or title at least once in a post, towards the beginning.  Of course sometimes I am talking about the campaign persona of Donald Trump (up to and including today) and so I will talk about just "Trump".  The "Trump Presidency or the Trump campaign or so forth."
hypocrisy recognizes that there are various virtues/values that it is important to strive for, even if we fall short.  Trying to be virtuous, is itself virtuous, although it is not as good as succeeding.
  
I don't follow the news closely and so I don't know who mocked Warmbier.  I feel sympathy for him, but I wonder why anyone would willingly go to North Korea in the first place.  He is (was) a pawn in a much bigger game than he realized, and I am afraid he paid the price.  It is not a matter of guilt, it is the matter of convenience for the North Korean regime.  The North Korean regime was looking for an excuse to use him as a pawn in the game, and he gave it to them.  This is a country that tested nerve gas on the families of political dissidents.  R.I.P, for all of the casualties of the regime.

But on the same token, I believe that fools rush in where angels fear to tread.  It is of no use to get mad about it, and then go off half-cocked because one is mad.  I have always thought of it as a liberal mistake to believe that one must do "something," because "cares" so deeply.  "Caring" is not of much use to anyone, unless you know how to care in the right way.  Radicals thought that Reagan (Ray-guns) was the devil, and because of that they don't recognize that he did what they said they wanted all along, end the cold war, and the MAD policy (Mutually Assured Destruction).
Back to Top
toyomotor View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Tasmania, AUST.
Status: Offline
Points: 4250
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 17:14
Franciscosan
So that we all don't ticked off with you, it would be helpful if you addressed your comments to the member intended. Thanks Franky.Smile
Once you eliminate the impossible,
whatever remains,
no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Back to Top
toyomotor View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Tasmania, AUST.
Status: Offline
Points: 4250
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 17:17
Vanuatu

Without mentioning the "T" name at all, and slightly off post, tell me, knowing the instability that exists in NoKo, why do Americans go to NoKo at all? Don't they realise that they could be arrested and used in "show trials" for propaganda purposes?

Once you eliminate the impossible,
whatever remains,
no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 16:56
Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

"ho"? you mean like pimps call women?  I imagine that those who get into depth into history in the future might now what you are talking about, but I don't.

You called Troy a ho's war. It was in the argument you had with Baird over Cathars I believe. And at least one other thread.

Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

 I try to use the full name or title at least once in a post, towards the beginning.  Of course sometimes I am talking about the campaign persona of Donald Trump (up to and including today) and so I will talk about just "Trump".  The "Trump Presidency or the Trump campaign or so forth."

No lecture required the man is Trump.
 
Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

hypocrisy recognizes that there are various virtues/values that it is important to strive for, even if we fall short.  Trying to be virtuous, is itself virtuous, although it is not as good as succeeding.

Fine, just be who you are and stop telling other people how to be.
  
Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

I don't follow the news closely and so I don't know who mocked Warmbier.

Watch the video.

Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

I feel sympathy for him, but I wonder why anyone would willingly go to North Korea in the first place.  He is (was) a pawn in a much bigger game than he realized, and I am afraid he paid the price.  It is not a matter of guilt, it is the matter of convenience for the North Korean regime.  The North Korean regime was looking for an excuse to use him as a pawn in the game, and he gave it to them.  This is a country that tested nerve gas on the families of political dissidents.  R.I.P, for all of the casualties of the regime.

You know very well why people travel, even to places like NK. He was allowed to come home for political reasons, who knows the reasoning? IDK

I don't think you know either. 

Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

But on the same token, I believe that fools rush in where angels fear to tread.  It is of no use to get mad about it, and then go off half-cocked because one is mad.  I have always thought of it as a liberal mistake to believe that one must do "something," because "cares" so deeply.  "Caring" is not of much use to anyone, unless you know how to care in the right way.  Radicals thought that Reagan (Ray-guns) was the devil, and because of that they don't recognize that he did what they said they wanted all along, end the cold war, and the MAD policy (Mutually Assured Destruction).

Sounds familiar like leftist first weeping over James Comey and demanding he be fired to pissing themselves over Trump actually firing the bastard. MAD!


Edited by Vanuatu - 26 Jun 2017 at 19:55
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 17:00
Originally posted by toyomotor toyomotor wrote:

Vanuatu

Without mentioning the "T" name at all, and slightly off post, tell me, knowing the instability that exists in NoKo, why do Americans go to NoKo at all? Don't they realise that they could be arrested and used in "show trials" for propaganda purposes?


Well why do we allow NK's to come here to US? Ask the same of UK. There is some pretense of diplomacy in traveling to places like NK. Why does NK accept American tourism? Money, pretense and international identity. 

A repressive regime wishes for the world to see it in better light. Personally I'd never go either but I understand why some people do.
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 20:00
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/821255/otto-warmbier-north-korea-professor-kathy-dettwyler-university-of-delaware-deserved

Professor FIRED for saying Warmbier 'got what he deserved' after North Korean detention

A US professor has been fired from her post at the University of Delaware following her outrageous comments about the death of Otto Warmbier, who passed away after being detained for 17 months in North Korea.

Katherine Dettwyler took to Facebook on Wednesday to accuse Otto Warmbier of acting like a “spoiled, naive, arrogant, US college student,” adding that he got “exactly what he deserved”.

She wrote: “"These are the same kids who cry about their grades because they didn't think they'd really have to read and study the material to get a good grade.

We condemn any and all messages that endorse hatred and convey insensitivity toward a tragic event such as the one that Otto Warmer and his family suffered

University of Delaware

“His parents ultimately are to blame for his growing up thinking he could get away with whatever he wanted.

“Maybe in the US, where young, rich, clueless white males routinely get away with raping women. Not so much in North Korea.”

Now the University of Delaware, where Ms Dettwyler worked as an anthropology professor, has confirmed that she will no longer be employed there.

In a statement, the University said: “Katherine Dettwyler, who last taught in the spring as an adjunct faculty member, will not be rehired to teach at the University in the future.

“The University issued a statement about comments that Dettwyler recently posted online, at a time when she was not employed by the University, concerning student behaviour and the Otto Warmer incident.

“The comments of Katherine Dettwyler do not reflect the values or position of the University of Delaware.

“We condemn any and all messages that endorse hatred and convey insensitivity toward a tragic event such as the one that Otto Warmer and his family suffered.


The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
franciscosan View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph


Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: Littleton CO
Status: Offline
Points: 2509
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciscosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 03:09
She is an adjunct.  Meaning she is hired to teach basic classes that real professors don't want to waste their time on.  She has a semester to semester contract, and they just didn't renew her contract, because she was controversial.  She was not a full professor, if she had been she probably would have been protected by tenure.  Describing her as "fired" is not exactly accurate.  She was marginal in the first place, in the scheme thing at the University.  in a way, the fact that she shot her mouth off in the first place is kind of amazing, she didn't have any protections that a regular "Assistant, Associate, or full Professor has."

So some talking head on comedy central tried to make a joke about Warmbier, it was in bad taste and it was not funny.  But I guess the talking head was not that funny in general and his show got canned.  So you have some marginal characters that tried to poke fun at Warmbier.  I think that is their cynicism and their lack of empathy showing, but I do think that if someone who loved him, stopped him from going, insisting that it was not a good idea, he would probably be alive today.  It would be nice if everyone would could go to every country in the world, and be welcomed.  But there are some places that are malicious, and some places that are chaotic.  I would not recommend Somalia has a vacation spot, nor Syria these days.  How about Northern Nigeria, Afghanistan or Iraq?  You had those 3 hikers in Iran (or were they in Iran? who knows?) that got picked up.  These are places in the world, where professionals can get in trouble, and sometimes seems like amateurs believe that good intentions will mean something to someone who already has a grudge against you, because you are an American.  In this case, it is because North Korea fought a war with the US, and as far as they are concerned, it is not over.  No, Warmbier stumbled into a minefield, every sense as deadly as that at the DMZ, and he is a casualty, a late casualty of the Korean War but a casualty none-the-less.  I suspect that Warmbier's own innocence got him killed, and people who mock him are too cynical to see that his belief that their are good people everywhere is something worthy of belief, even though these days it is still false.  In other words, he believed in their good intentions, and he was wrong, factually, not unlike the North Koreans, but also the talking heads, wrong morally.
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 15:25
Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

She is an adjunct.  Meaning she is hired to teach basic classes that real professors don't want to waste their time on.  She has a semester to semester contract, and they just didn't renew her contract, because she was controversial.  She was not a full professor, if she had been she probably would have been protected by tenure.  Describing her as "fired" is not exactly accurate.  She was marginal in the first place, in the scheme thing at the University.  in a way, the fact that she shot her mouth off in the first place is kind of amazing, she didn't have any protections that a regular "Assistant, Associate, or full Professor has."

That might mean something to you but it means nothing to me. She is part of a big club just too stupid to know where to draw the line. So what? She is teaching young people that's what and she is a hateful ***hole.

Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

So some talking head on comedy central tried to make a joke about Warmbier, it was in bad taste and it was not funny.  But I guess the talking head was not that funny in general and his show got canned.
 
Yes he got canned because he is a hate monger and he is not funny.

Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

So you have some marginal characters that tried to poke fun at Warmbier.  I think that is their cynicism and their lack of empathy showing, but I do think that if someone who loved him, stopped him from going, insisting that it was not a good idea, he would probably be alive today.

You are as bad as the idiot professor, no one loved him and now he is dead. 

Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

  It would be nice if everyone would could go to every country in the world, and be welcomed.  But there are some places that are malicious, and some places that are chaotic.  I would not recommend Somalia has a vacation spot, nor Syria these days.  How about Northern Nigeria, Afghanistan or Iraq?  You had those 3 hikers in Iran (or were they in Iran? who knows?) that got picked up.  These are places in the world, where professionals can get in trouble, and sometimes seems like amateurs believe that good intentions will mean something to someone who already has a grudge against you, because you are an American.  In this case, it is because North Korea fought a war with the US, and as far as they are concerned, it is not over.  No, Warmbier stumbled into a minefield, every sense as deadly as that at the DMZ, and he is a casualty, a late casualty of the Korean War but a casualty none-the-less.  I suspect that Warmbier's own innocence got him killed, and people who mock him are too cynical to see that his belief that their are good people everywhere is something worthy of belief, even though these days it is still false.  In other words, he believed in their good intentions, and he was wrong, factually, not unlike the North Koreans, but also the talking heads, wrong morally.

That's what I'm saying the talking heads are wrong, the professor is wrong. Warmbier wanted to do something courageous and he paid with his life, of course it happens , we didn't used to mock people for having courage in the United States. Warmier is the wrong shade, notice anything about those who mock Warbier and his family?
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
franciscosan View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph


Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: Littleton CO
Status: Offline
Points: 2509
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciscosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 01:49
Did I notice anything about those who mock Warmbier and his family?  You mean stupid and insensitive?

But that could be used to describe President Trump, oh, he makes appropriate noises meant to simulate sympathy in the Warmbier case, but considering how vicious he can get over nothing at all, he does not strike me as sincere.  I mean, it is good that he is making sympathetic noises, but one wonders if it is all a set up for him to later poise with righteous indignation, and do something military (and stupid) in North Korea.  Fortunately, he has Maddoc (?) who he will listen to for military and foreign matters.
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 05:38
Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

Did I notice anything about those who mock Warmbier and his family?  You mean stupid and insensitive?

But that could be used to describe President Trump, oh, he makes appropriate noises meant to simulate sympathy in the Warmbier case, but considering how vicious he can get over nothing at all, he does not strike me as sincere.  I mean, it is good that he is making sympathetic noises, but one wonders if it is all a set up for him to later poise with righteous indignation, and do something military (and stupid) in North Korea.  Fortunately, he has Maddoc (?) who he will listen to for military and foreign matters.

Yes very glad he has Maddoc. 

I think he is sincere about Warbier's family and I'm sure he is fuming over this NK incident.

I can't decide if NK was trying to do the right thing before the kid died, or if they are poking US and Trump in the eye.
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
franciscosan View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph


Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: Littleton CO
Status: Offline
Points: 2509
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciscosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 18:41
Secretary o Defense _Mattis_, not Maddoc, I thought I had corrected that.  My fault.  I wouldn't want to be accused of false news<grin>. Shields and Brooks says that Mattis has the gravitas to get through to President Trump.

North Korea was trying to make the best of a bad situation that they had created with Otto Warmbier.  Warmbier died in North Korea, but if North Korea got his comatose body with no higher brain function, out of there, they could claim that they did not kill him.  If 'they' didn't kill him, then it is less of an international incident.  They know that President Trump may be looking for an excuse to do a strike, and whereas they like mouthing off, they really don't want to give him that excuse.  Hence their "mercy" of releasing an all but dead Otto Warmbier.  Again, RIP, I wonder what Warmbier would want, would he want action in his name, or would he want to forgive them.  I don't know anything of his personality.
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2017 at 11:56
Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

Secretary o Defense _Mattis_, not Maddoc, I thought I had corrected that.  My fault.  I wouldn't want to be accused of false news<grin>. 

You don't make up fake news you just refuse to acknowledge that it is oozing out of CNN, MSNBC, New York Times etc. 

If you don't see news on television then how do you access information? Do you think that print doesn't lie? 

I look at many news sources some print, radio and television. It's conflicting and there is never an appreciation for job growth, consumer confidence or say the $50 million contribution to the World Bank that will help women in poor countries start businesses. 

It's too bad that your approach to the incoming Burkas and Hijabs and Swamis doesn't extend to Americans like Trump and the rednecks you hire when something breaks. 





The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
franciscosan View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph


Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: Littleton CO
Status: Offline
Points: 2509
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciscosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 22:15
oozing?  News media generally have a slant to them, but if you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, that is your angle.  Donald Trump is the great proprietor of "fake news."  

I don't have a problem with decent people who wear Hijabs or Turbans or what not.  I also don't have problems with rednecks, or Hispanic gardeners or other blue collar workers.  The fact that Donald Trump is an American is a bit of an embarrassment, then again, I am sure that all cultures have elements that they would like to ignore and have go away.  For some reason those elements seem to come from New York, the heart of government handouts.  What is bad for America, is good for New York, or so it seems.  Donald Trump does not have friends, he just has people he hasn't screwed yet.  I am a little concerned, Vanuatu, whether he screws you too, will you yelp in pain? or will you say, "thank you, sir, may I have another."?  But, if it wasn't Trump it would have been Hillary, who was a carpet bagger, because that is where the money is.  Still either way a "gift" from NY.  Of course, I supported Kasich, who was a decent human being, but temperamentally unable to promise voters the moon.
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 05:35
The entire world has plenty to be embarrassed about. Trump is product of the media and I do think he is better than the alternative. 

I didn't cry when Obama screwed me but then he has noodle arms and doesn't eat KFC .

Kasich was beside himself with outrage over Trump getting all the attention. He seemed to be sulking when he wouldn't endorse Trump.

 
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
franciscosan View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph


Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: Littleton CO
Status: Offline
Points: 2509
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciscosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 00:55
"beside himself"?  "Outrage"?  "Sulking"?
I admit, I only watched the debates, and don't know what happened after them.  But.....

I think that when a good friend wants to jump off a cliff, one wants to do everything one can to prevent it.  Of course, the democrats stayed out of the way, believing that if your enemy wants to commit suicide, stay out of the way.  Little did they realize that they were in the same boat.  The checks and balances of the party system failed, to a great part because the democratic apparatchiks (super delegates) anointed Hillary and nobody else ran against her, (except a socialist, a marginal figure in the democratic party which was not indebted to the Clinton (or the Obama) machines, Bernie Sanders.)

I seem to hear you crying about Obama all the time, these days.  I hope that if Trump gives you a reason to cry, you will voice your pain, instead of doing what a fanatic does, double your support to show yourself and others that you are a true believer.  Whether you ever get there or not, is another question, but I do hope there is at least some point where you would cut your losses, instead of drinking the cool aid.  Is there any point at which you would say to Mr. Trump, "you are fired!" or are you just along for the ride wherever it goes?
Back to Top
toyomotor View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Tasmania, AUST.
Status: Offline
Points: 4250
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 02:29
Allegations are being made that the Trump campaign, and perhaps even Trump himself had contact with Russian government figures during the election campaign.His son now admits that he did. 

Allegations are that Russia somehow had some electronic influence on the out ome of the campaign.

So, during the G20 Meetings, Trump took the opportunity to make a pact with Russia on Cyber Security? Eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, want to think that over.


Once you eliminate the impossible,
whatever remains,
no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Back to Top
toyomotor View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Tasmania, AUST.
Status: Offline
Points: 4250
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 09:59
We're going to use clean coal, very clean coal.

(Did he really say that?YES HE DID!!!)   EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Once you eliminate the impossible,
whatever remains,
no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Back to Top
toyomotor View Drop Down
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Tasmania, AUST.
Status: Offline
Points: 4250
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toyomotor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 10:01
He's a quality person.

Obviously, otherwise a Russian lawyer wouldn't have spoken to him.
Once you eliminate the impossible,
whatever remains,
no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 15:34
Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

"beside himself"?  "Outrage"?  "Sulking"?
I admit, I only watched the debates, and don't know what happened after them.  But.....
I knew you would like Kasich pic.

Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

I think that when a good friend wants to jump off a cliff, one wants to do everything one can to prevent it.  Of course, the democrats stayed out of the way, believing that if your enemy wants to commit suicide, stay out of the way.  Little did they realize that they were in the same boat.  The checks and balances of the party system failed, to a great part because the democratic apparatchiks (super delegates) anointed Hillary and nobody else ran against her, (except a socialist, a marginal figure in the democratic party which was not indebted to the Clinton (or the Obama) machines, Bernie Sanders.)

Sanders could have beaten Trump. Marginal? LOL 


Debbie Blabbermouth Shultz, Hillary's former best friend held bernie's head under water. That why Deb's no longer the chair of the dnc. And Donna Brazille is currently ripping Clinton, Shultz & Obama for their failures during the election. 

Originally posted by franciscosan franciscosan wrote:

I seem to hear you crying about Obama all the time, these days.  I hope that if Trump gives you a reason to cry, you will voice your pain, instead of doing what a fanatic does, double your support to show yourself and others that you are a true believer.  Whether you ever get there or not, is another question, but I do hope there is at least some point where you would cut your losses, instead of drinking the cool aid.  Is there any point at which you would say to Mr. Trump, "you are fired!" or are you just along for the ride wherever it goes?

So you are consta-weep_ weep_ weeping about Trump? I never stopped criticizing Obama and what he did. It's allowed. Oh Yeaaaah!

I remain very glad that Hillary is not the POTUS. Stop making me out to be a fanatic. I don't proactively try to sell Trump  Your attacks are fanatical and personal and you rarely respond with facts just twisted anarchist nonsense. So I get tell you how wrong you are. ;)



Edited by Vanuatu - 13 Jul 2017 at 15:35
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 15:36
Originally posted by toyomotor toyomotor wrote:

Allegations are being made that the Trump campaign, and perhaps even Trump himself had contact with Russian government figures during the election campaign.His son now admits that he did. 

Allegations are that Russia somehow had some electronic influence on the out ome of the campaign.

So, during the G20 Meetings, Trump took the opportunity to make a pact with Russia on Cyber Security? Eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, want to think that over.



Your allegations have been fascinating for over two hundred days now.
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 15:43
Originally posted by toyomotor toyomotor wrote:

We're going to use clean coal, very clean coal.

(Did he really say that?YES HE DID!!!)   EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

I'll take it, it's funny. Clap And clean. 

Here's what "one of the last great men"  (as you so eloquently put it) said, toyomotor;

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference-Barak Obama
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
Vanuatu View Drop Down
Chieftain
Chieftain
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Location: New England
Status: Offline
Points: 1223
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanuatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 15:51
Originally posted by toyomotor toyomotor wrote:

He's a quality person.

Obviously, otherwise a Russian lawyer wouldn't have spoken to him.

What did you think when the mainstream media and dnc mocked candidate Mitt Romney for this statement during  2012 elections? Russia was our
"number one geopolitical foe" 


5 Times Liberals Mocked Mitt Romney For Warning About Russia

'Mitt Romney talks like he’s only seen Russia by watching Rocky IV.'
JULY 25, 2016 By Bre Payton

In 2012, Democrats laughed at Mitt Romney’s assertion that Russia was America’s “number one geopolitical foe.” Four years later, members of the same party will probably want to eat their words in light of Russia’s apparent role in the Democratic National Committee hack — which resulted in more than 20,000 stolen emails getting published by Wikileaks, a “transparent Russian FSB operation.”

Officials with knowledge of the ongoing FBI investigation into the hack told CNN the breach is just one incident of many from Russia — which prominent Democrats laughingly dismissed as totally not our foe not so 

long ago.



During a 2012 meeting with Russia’s then-president Dmitry Medvedev, Obama told the foreign leader he would have “more flexibility” to discuss missile defense after his last election. His candid remarks were caught on a hot mic, infuriating many including Romney, who was running for president at the time.

Romney told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that Russia was America’s “number one geopolitical foe,” a statement heavily mocked by Democrats.

“Russia, this is, without question, our number one geopolitical foe,” Romney said. “They fight every cause for the world’s worst actors. The idea that he has some more flexibility in mind for Russia is very, very troubling, indeed.”

1. Obama Replays Sick Middle School Burn

In response, Obama mocked Romney’s statement: “The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because…the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”


2. Clinton: It’s So Last Season To Be Concerned About Russia

Hillary Clinton got in on the action, saying it was “somewhat dated” to be worried about Russia.

The self-titled “pantsuit aficionado” should probably stop judging other people for doing things that are “dated,” am I right?

3.Joe Biden: It May Be A Gaffe; I Would Know

Vice President Joe Biden suggested Romney’s assertion might’ve been either a slip of the tongue, or an indication that he belongs to “a small group of Cold War holdovers.”

4.John Kerry: Bro, Have You Even Seen ‘Rocky Balboa?’

Secretary of State John Kerry suggested during the 2012 Democratic National Convention the former Massachusetts governor’s understanding of Russian relations was gleaned from Cold-War era flicks.

“Mitt Romney talks like he’s only seen Russia by watching ‘Rocky IV,’” he said.


5. MSNBC: Russia Is Our BFF!

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews and Rachael Maddow both mocked Obama’s then-opponent, claiming he was merely trying to copy Ronald Reagan.

“He read about Reagan’s private, outside-the-CIA cabal of team-B zealots who were telling him that Russia had all the stuff they didn’t have so he could justify a giant defense budget,” Maddow said.

“I don’t know what decade this guy’s living in,” Matthews said. “Is he trying to play Ronald Reagan here, or what?”

You can watch clips of their comments in full here.

Bre Payton is a staff writer at The Federalist. Follow her on Twitter.




Edited by Vanuatu - 13 Jul 2017 at 16:00
The root of all desires is the one desire: to come home, to be at peace. -Jean Klein
Back to Top
franciscosan View Drop Down
Caliph
Caliph


Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: Littleton CO
Status: Offline
Points: 2509
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciscosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 22:47
I am sorry, is Russia's involvement in our elections a problem or not a problem?

I'm a little vague on what you are advocating Vanuatu.  My guess is that President Obama, and candidate Clinton were trying to say to people, "move along, there is nothing to see here."  Whether there was anything to see, is an entirely different question, in fact when someone tells you there is nothing to see, in the five car pile up on the freeway, you know that there is probably something to see.  Now, it is President Trump saying "there is nothing to see, so move along, get to the news stories I am advocating, not the ones that you, the press (like a herd of cats), is sniffing around for."


One thing about Donald Trump and his minions, collusion is not a crime, there may be crimes which are also examples of collusion, but collusion is not a crime.  It may be morally and ethically troubling, but the important thing is, is If Trump, etc, are convicted of something, that they be convicted of something against the law, not something that is merely in the court of public opinion.  Unlike Russia where a strong man rules (and has always rules as befits the Russian temperament), we are, (or at least should be) a nation of laws.  It sometimes seems like President Trump would like to change that, but we also need to beware of his opponents wanting to change that just to get at President Trump.

In the Ol' West, people joke about how they would love to give the horse thief, "a first class trial and a proper hanging."  The joke being that everybody knew how the trial would turn out, and what the sentence would be, beforehand.  The thing is, if Trump and/or his minions are accused of actual crimes, there will be a first class trial, but what the result is would by no means be clear beforehand, despite the media wish to convict him in the court of public opinion.  America has a skilled judiciary class, I am fully confident that they are capable of doing the job, if need be.  Brazil has a skilled judiciary class, and they convicted a former President recently for corruption.  It is unfortunate that they had to do that, but it is fortunate that they were capable of doing that when they needed to do so.  It is important to realize that right now there is a lot of smoke, which means the fire fighters need to figure out what is going on and get to the bottom of things.  Public perception just means that the professionals need to investigate another plume of smoke.  Of course, one can offhandedly dismiss a plume of smoke as being "nothing," but if you ignore the wrong one(s) your house will burn down.  And it doesn't really matter whether a fire is started by arsonists or careless kids, ignorance and arrogance is not an excuse.


Edited by franciscosan - 13 Jul 2017 at 22:55
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.